Monday, January 4, 2016

Top Performers 2015



Here is a list of some of the top performers in 2015. These products would either be shared with neighbors as great products or talked about in a whisper to protect secrets of success. This list is not in any particular order of importance because different customers have different situations.

SeaHume G has produced spectacular results for a few years. A humic acid and seaweed combination product really does some amazing things to the soil and the plant. The comments I get the most are that the plant is stronger and has a better root system, requires less water, see far less disease, and less insect damage. SeaHume is a natural organic product, so people feel comfortable using it around pets, people, and fish.

In the fall of 2015, I did one of my little experiments. I put a bag of SeaHume out in my front yard and the front yard has remained brown patch free. In my back yard and in my mother’s yard I didn’t put any out and the disease is present.

The conditions for brown patch have been extended by the mild winter and moisture.
Is this fungal reduction coincidence or science? Try it for yourself and see how SeaHume works for you.  

SeaHume L is the liquid version of SeaHume G and also has quite a following for its bio stimulant activities.

The tag added to Wet & Forget This tag is very red and states:
Failure!
This product is only
 effective if you read the
 instructions thoroughly.
Failure to do so will result in
 you moaning and groaning
that the product doesn’t
work and generally being
a pain in the bottom. Make a
positive change in your life
will you, and read the
instructions
This tag makes my, “Always read, understand and follow product label. The product label is a Federal Law,” seem pretty tame. Products have to adhere to EPA guidelines. To get the “label” for a product the manufacturer must do extensive research on the formulation and on the efficacy of the product.
I have been selling control products since 1991and using them for longer than that and I cannot remember the product ever not working when used according to the label (maybe because I’m so old and forgot).

Cyonara L&G RTS helped many people get through the long, wet mosquito season of 2015. In 2009 I tipped my hat to the RTS packaging (except for herbicides – I heard of too much over applying issues), and Cyonara L&G was the perfect product to be used this way. RTS simply means ready to spray. You connect the bottle to the hose and you are ready to spray. Cyonara kills many different pests around the yard and the RTS container makes the application very fast and easy. Always read, understand and follow product label.

Soil Test and Custom Programs probably should top the list, but someone with bed bugs in an apartment would not need these services. I recently was handed this testimonial from Greg Lienert. “I started using Possum’s recipe for my lawn 3 years ago and I have never had a better lawn in the 35 years that I have been trying to grow the perfect lawn. Possum’s is awesome! I have the best lawn in the neighborhood.”  That’s what I’m talking about proactive lawn care!

Repellex Granular Mole Repellent was a new product for us in 2013 and the general feeling is that it performs better and costs less than the product it replaced. You have to like that! The product is organic and works! Repellex has quite a following and continues to spread.

Always read, understand and follow product label. The product label is a Federal Law.